Metro Diaries: An Unbade Goodbye






Listening to our song,

Shedding a quiet tear for us!

I wonder what went wrong.

That our Fairy tale ended up thus!

There is no word that answers this question as aptly as you did through your eyes. You were right it was one loving crazily and the other loving being loved like that. This song will always remind me of you and maybe just maybe after sometime I will not shed any tears on listening to it! 

Today I was in your city. I kept looking for you the moment I stepped in. Those dusty by lanes, crowded markets, tall rising buildings touching the sky, never ending lines of traffic, honking music all around everything seemed to have a tale of its own to tell. A tale which I had heard before many times from you and today was watching it unfold in front of my eyes. But I didn’t want to see those long worn-out tales all I wanted was one glimpse of those familiar looking eyes; those very eyes that had shown me so many beautiful dreams. After all these years of fighting an internal battle I finally came there knowing that I had to meet you, one last time even if it was to say Good bye… I had to. I had to stare in your deep brown eyes and just let go of all the dreams that they held within for me. I had to hold that hand of yours tightly intervened into mine to reaffirm that this was not meant to be. 

Source: Google Images
As the day progressed I was very confident that by evening I will find you somewhere sitting quietly in a corner with your blue diary and a pen in hand waiting to conjure magic through your words. Every step I took was anticipation mixed with anxiety. The sun set today evening taking along a lot of my hopes. I could not find you. You were lost just the way you had told me you will be; never to be found again.
I felt a sense of emptiness within me as if a part of me was lost once again... and the gnawing pain within which had reduced in the past few days became as good as new. Time did not play the healer it had promised to play. But then promises are meant to be broken aren't they. The way you broke yours and I broke mine. You went away never to return and I died never to live again.

The twinkling stars began to peep out lighting up the dark way I was taking to go back when a cool gust of wind blew past by and I suddenly felt your fragrance. When that breeze ruffled my hair I felt it was you touching me the way you do. Every breath I took I felt you there. When I spread my arms I felt hugged and the serenity that engulfed me was metaphorical. Perhaps this is what I was looking for all this while!

And today I buried that part in me which held you till now there. You might say love got over. But I would say that part got over. Love never ends. People do and so did I along with that part of me which withered that night never to live again.

Source: Google Images

Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?