The Write Side

Source: http://media.salon.com


The last one and a half year has been more than fabulous. It not only added the world author to my name but also taught me the real meaning of being a writer. I began working as a professional editor, beta reader and manuscript reviewer professionally since last year, till that I was freelancing without charging anything for my services and by now I have some 8 projects to my credit with few more in the pipeline.Indirectly or directly that makes me eligible enough to give some gyaan on writing. So here I am sharing all that I know and don't know about it.

Starting with how did I end up being here. That's something I haven't shared so often here I believe.Being born in a country where careers are decided even before names, I get a lot of funny reactions when I say I quit my job as an investment banker to become an author. Some laugh assuming that I am joking, while some pooh-pooh it thinking I am yet another one from the banker-turned-author bandwagon, who is dreaming of making millions but will soon be back to work, once I see how not-so-easy it is. Rarely do I find someone who really is keen on listening to my story.Read my complete story at Social Potpourri.

Moving on to my lessons on writing.Being an avid reader-cum-reviewer, a blogger and now an author there are many instances where I have loved some books to death and hated some to the extent where I didn’t even want anyone to know that I have read them. Well, maybe hate is too strong a word, disliked is the right word, for hating a book is never possible. Like I always say, books always teach you something. If a right book teaches you the do’s, the wrong books teach you the don’ts. I had come to believe that perhaps the world doesn’t need another writer.Know what changed my thoughts at E-Books India.

My love affair with the stories has always been my favourite love story till date. After all we all are story tellers, aren’t we? What else would you call the way we cook up stories when we want to lie, when we manage to create imaginary characters just to please our children, when we write essays and autobiographies in schools or better still manage to grab the attention at get-togethers as we go about narrating simple day-to-day incidents with a panache that has everybody hooked! The full love story is waiting for you at E-Books India.

And then the journey of Metro Diaries. How was it born is a question everyone asks me and to it all I can say is this. It is one thing to read about love, write about it in blog posts that are of 500-750 words and it another thing to write love stories of 5000 words at least… and that too 20 of them! Writing a book was a dream come true for me. It felt like finally I could see a destination and I had to run to reach it. Till now I wrote for the pure pleasure of writing, but now suddenly I had a lot of other thoughts bogging me down because of which the initial first few months were “no progress”. I barely managed to scribble one or two stories. The entire journey for you E-Books India.

Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?