Looking back

The whole internet is abuzz with how within the next a month and a half a decade will be ending. The discussions are around what all has everyone achieved in this decade. This made me think a lot. For starters I felt I have not achieved anything substantial but on more thinking I concluded, who defines substantial. I believe I have achieved a lot and so decided to document it here, just to remind myself how smallest of things actually add up to make the biggest of difference to one's life.

“We’re so wrapped up with egotistical things, career, family, having enough money, meeting the mortgage, getting a new car, fixing the radiator when it breaks—we’re involved in trillions of little acts just to keep going. So we don’t get into the habit of standing back and looking at our lives and saying, Is this all? Is this all I want? Is something missing?” 

― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie


Image Source: unsplash.com


1.Discovered writing. This blog was born in 2011 and since then writing has been the biggest comforting factor for me till date and am sure it is going to be so, forever.

2. Got published. I have been published in close to nine anthologies and three solo titles of my own. Best part is there are many more in the pipeline. I have also been writing for various online publications since last few years apart from completing 1.5 novels. Got selected for some prestigious writing workshops. 

3. Quit my corporate career and moved across 4 cities and 2 countries.

4. Travelled across 3 countries extensively.

5. Lost myself only to find myself again, this time to never lose it ever.

6. Let go of a lot of toxic people, toxic relationships and one sided affections which were more harmful than helpful.

7. Became a solopreneur

8. Discovered my true calling and learnt to listen to my inner voice.

Most importantly, healed... a lot.

If in this decade, all I did was hold onto life and survive it was enough. For there were usual ups and downs, some horrifying ones that felt like the end of the world while some minor scratches which were like a rude wake up call. Despite it all, life seems good.

“If I had done this, if I had said that, in the end you are always more tormented by what you didn't do than what you did, actions already performed can always be rationalized in time, the neglected deed might have changed the world.” ― Damon Galgut


The possibilities of what could have and what should have are many, but then I guess one needs to find joy in the fact that life is kind.

Popular posts from this blog

You, Me & Coffee

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love