Postcard from memories # 20





Met a lady today, a complete stranger who had a strange halo of warmth around her. We exchanged smiles. After a while she started talking to me, inquired about me and then narrated her own story of how she singlehandedly brought up her two kids after her husband's death. There was a certain tenderness in her eyes and pride in voice unlike many others who become emotional when they talk about such stories. 

As she left she gave me two flowers, blessed me and asked to keep in touch. Those flowers were actually my favourite sampenna, ones that have a strong smell which stays long after the flowers have dried. Just like love and it's memories. Today I tenderly kept those flowers in my old diary making a small note of today as "the day I brought the fragrance of love home. "


Popular posts from this blog

You, Me & Coffee

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love