Growing up at what cost?


At the age of 10, the only thing I wanted to do was to grow up. I was tired of listening to various excuses like, "You can do this when you grow up." "You are too young" for almost everything that was on my To-Do list. A grown up was the most enviable person for me at that stage

On the contrast today when I am all grown up I could do anything to trade it for my childhood days. Such wonderful times - no worries, just fun and frolic!!It was so good to see life is only black or white shades. Everything could either be good or bad.

Though my most desired dream of growing up has come true I feel that I have paid a very heavy price for it. I have lost those simple pleasures of playing in the backyard with a friends on a rainy day. I don't recollect the last time I did star gazing, cuddled up with my teddy for company. I want to wake up lazily someday with no worries about tomorrow but ample plans of how today would spent. Those summer holidays spent with grandparents and cousins listening to stories, playing hide n seek, taking long walks to discover something new. It is all gone. Thanks to our hectic schedules today we barely manage to speak to each other leave alone meeting.

Not to forget those various fun filled activities at school which used to keep my creative juices running. I always had my thinking cap on with the fear of being left out in the competition. These days the only things i can think of is deadlines, calls, submission and projects. My creativity has gone into a rut and it needs a real hard attempt to come up with an idea. Writing for more than a page seems cumbersome and I try to find shortcuts for everything possible. Believe me actually there have been instances where after goofing up I start frantically searching for CTRL+Z. :)

I don't know where this is leading to; the only thing that comes to my mind at such a time is a song from the movie 3 Idiots. It is just perfect for the occassion:

"Give me some sunshine ,Give me some rain;
Give me another chance I wanna grow up once again!!"









Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?