Storm in a tea cup

Continuing in the 3rd week of the Tuesday Meme [Check out my earlier posts on this HERE], my this week's prompt is ;

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea.  ~Bernard-Paul Heroux"




Author Preeti Shenoy has asked us to go and make a nice cup of tea and mull about it. My first reaction - Interesting prompt :)

Few years ago there was a time in my life when everything seemed to be going wrong - professionally, personally, financially...just about everything. There were days when I have had sleepless nights out of sheer worry about what will happen next. During those days I used to have my every faithful Cuppa Tea with me for company. To satisfy my culinary skills, I had attempted almost all possible permutations and combinations a tea could have - with cinnamon, cardamom, mint, and what not. Every occassion had a new ingredient for company. With my chai , I used to have long discussions with myself ,try to reach a conclusion only to be disappointed and fall asleep in wee hours. There have been occassion where I have shed copious tears and giggled madly holding that cup in my hand.

Today I am a much stronger person having overcome those things long ago, but still making a cup of tea today holds a very special place for me. It denotes a special time with someone really important "ME" to think on something crucial and decide on it.

As I put the water to heat on the gas I feel my pulse quickening as I begin to think about what is happening around me. I very lovingly make a cup of tea, adding gracious amounts of sugar [ yeppp I love my tea to be very sweet...], pour into my favourite black and white mug [ my fascination with Black & white is very old as I told you before ]and sit back on my couch to relish it. I inhale to wonderful aroma of tea along with the other ingredients that I have chosen for the occasion and smile to myself in memory of those wonderful nights spent together brainstorming. I throw my head back and let my thoughts flow freely chasing my wandering mind....which comes back when it is sure what it wants next.As I keep stirring the tea I see my problems getting dissolved in it. Magically all the storms of my life vanish into this little cup of tea :)

After the first few sips my racing heart slows down the pace and gradually restores to normalcy. By the time I reach my last sip I not only have answers but also have a feeling of being at peace. It makes me feel warm from inside, similar to being hugged from a loved one leaving a sweet after taste in the mouth .Surprisingly enough I have had some of my most wonderful ideas and solutions in such solitude sessions with my chai for company. Today whenever I am in doubt, my first reaction would be to grab my tea cup and settle on the couch looking for answers.And I am sure I won't be disappointed as ever !!

Like it is said, "For the world it might be just another beverage, but for me it is my magical potion providing me answers to the mystery called LIFE ."

Cheers!!

Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?