Significantly yours!

Source:thenextweb.com
I have been blogging since last 4.5 years. Every time someone asks me are you an author I always correct them, "No I am a writer!" Wikipedia defines them as

An author is broadly defined as "the person who originated or gave existence to anything" and whose authorship determines responsibility for what was created. Narrowly defined, an author is the originator of any written work and can also be described as a writer. 

A writer is a person who uses written words in various styles and techniques to communicate ideas. Writers produce various forms of literary art and creative writing.


Not much of a difference you might say but in today's times the word author has began to be used along with the names of people who write books and writers are people who write anything and everything. I choose to be called the latter for I write everything from blogposts to tweets to short stories to lengthy emails- hence I am a writer. I feel adding a word to your name doesn't add meaning till you are able to add meaning to that word. 

Having been a part of quite a few anthologies and also written a book myself I still feel I am far from being an author. I am just a writer, but as they say in life there are few moments when life chooses to define you. Today I am feeling redefined as a writer as today I felt I finally added meaning to that word.I am writing this post to celebrate a very special occasion - the launch of my latest anthology The Significant Anthology.

You may ask what is so different in this book from the other anthologies flooding in the market. And all that I can say is that it has soul in it. The writings of the book are so powerful that it is not possible for remain unmoved by the powerful words. There were few pieces where I almost had to gulp down a sob and continue reading for the fear of disrupting its magic.I say this not because I am contributor, I say because I am a reader and a reviewer who knows the value of the written word. 

The other reason why this book is special is for the first time I have written a true story in it about someone whom I really admire in real life. I am so glad I could capture her forever in this book and that her name will live long after both of us are gone in the memories of the readers of this book and they will know what a beautiful soul she was.

Lastly this book reads my name like this -

Picture Copyright: Privy Trifles
I am sure each one of you will agree the magnitude it adds to my name. Just the fact that there are so many people out there in the world who will be reading this book and know my story is so overwhelming. 

You might find it strange to know that this book doesn't have any author bios or photographs in it. The reason was very simple - We wanted our work to speak for itself and not who we are. It is truly an honor to be a part of a book that has 175 other authors from across the globe, each one bigger and better. And most importantly the very fact that the proceeds of this book go to a very noble cause in itself adds a cherry to the whole icing of the cake called The Significant Anthology. To know more about the book and to buy it click HERE.

P.S: A special thanks to each and every member of the Rejected Stuff group on Facebook who made this possible with their constant love and encouragement. 

P.P.S: Don't forget to watch this beautiful video on the same and read this amazing post HERE to know what we all think about this book!


Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?