Knock knock.....Who's there?

In continuation to my earlier blog post about Creative Prompt for "Tea for two and a piece of cake" by Preeti Shenoy, my this tuesday's meme is:




" The table is set perfectly, for 'tea for two'. (and the piece of cake is ready too).  I am really looking forward to this. There is still a good half an hour left for my guest to arrive as per the  text  I just got. Suddenly the door bell rings..............  "

OMG....I thought. Has Ms. Rowling  chosen to be before time and surprise me? I hope not I wonder as I am not appropriately dressed. Rushing towards the door in a hurry I try to straighten some invisible crumples on my clothes and set my hair imagining its current situation. As I reach the door and open it with bated breath what do I see.........WOW! is my first reaction. At the door is a very dear friend of mine whom I last met 5 years ago. She blurts out something like she just happened to be in town and chose to surprise me. I am in a state of daze.

We both are speechless for a well five minutes, when we both realize we are crying and smiling at the same time. Suddenly we hug each other tightly as if to believe its really happening. Meeting a friend after so long is so wonderful :)

I drag her inside as there is so much I want to talk to her about. Just to clarify its not that we are not in touch, but yes nothing can match the charm of meeting in person. As I begin making our usual cup of coffee for both of us we start exchanging news.The sound of boiling water is drowned amidst our non-stop chatter and giggles.

Ting....Ting....ting.....the wall clock goes to notify that the last half an hour has just flown by. Oh my gosh...I suddenly realize my guest Ms. Rowling is expected anytime now..... Need to rush.........




Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?