What if? ( Flash Fiction)

Source: commons.wikimedia.org
What if I had not told you how I feel about us that night!

Perhaps we would still have been together. 

Perhaps life would have still been the same for us, existing together under the same roof. Existing for me and living for you! 

Perhaps that piece of paper with a red stamp that is lying on my desk waiting for me to sign it, would have not existed at all. 

Maybe the unsaid words that have been interpreted by our own choices and the ones said, had not hung so uncomfortably between us today. 

Maybe I could have averted the constant stares I attract now whenever I go out. 

Maybe the hurt I feel in my heart every night as I cry myself to sleep wouldn’t have shown any signs of healing ever.

Maybe the scars on my body, mind and soul would have merged together finally to make a chaotic collage of me. 

Maybe I would have died a bit every single say till the time there was nothing left in me to exist anymore.

Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?