Legacy ( Flash Fiction)

The thunderous applause in the hall refused to die long after she had reached the center stage. She had recently won the Booker Prize for her recent book, one of the many that she kept winning on and off. The emcee asked her suddenly, “You are going to celebrate your 55th birthday next month. We are happy to have witnessed you but are sad that your legacy will end with you.” 


Source: www.dougblackie.com
Just because I didn’t have children or grandchildren doesn’t mean my legacy will end with me. My legacy will continue to stay alive in every single person who has read my work. And through them I will live, forever.” She replied with a smile and the applause thundered once again, never to die. 

Popular posts from this blog

Metro Diaries: The Art of Making Love

What is love?